Angels at the Wheel
The following is a true story about angelic helpers.
“Blessed” is the
word used to describe the experience of knowing the presence of angels among
us—deities, parts of the divine whole, protecting, urging and assisting in
whatever ways we allow. No doubt the light beings I refer to as angles had
their hand in saving my life and the life of my eight year old son four winters
ago. That particular winter holiday found my family shattered. Devastation had
descended upon us in the form of separation and impending divorce. To help ease
the pain we made a trip to Sacramento California. We spent the holiday
surrounded by the loving support of my big Italian family.
As I planned the
drive home I was suddenly bothered by fearful thoughts. I obsessively checked
the weather channel and found sunny weather abound. The day came for our
departure. I would be traveling with just my youngest son in tow. My mother
imparted many cautions upon us as we left. That is not her natural way and this
caused fear to sprout within me once more. Nevertheless, our first day’s ride
was uneventful. We sang songs and argued about where to stop for lunch. I
prayed for angelic protection to be strong as we traveled, as I usually do. On
the second day of travel the unsettled feeling returned to the pit of my
stomach. I searched my CD collection for one of my favorites—a compilation of
“Angel Songs.” My son and I sang along and we prayed that our angels protect
our vehicle and get us home safely and quickly.
As we were
cruising at 75 mph through Wyoming I passed a semi-truck and a group of cars
and suddenly the sun was gone. The road was wet and the sky was full of huge
snowflakes. Before I could slow down, the car lurched sideways. I quickly put
both hands tightly on the wheel. The road was a sheet of ice. My large SUV was
swerving and spinning across the two lanes. I grasped the wheel tighter turning
into the fishtail as I was taught. It was no use. The vehicle was not
responding. We were one giant bumper car spinning and flailing about on I-80. A
dream like state ensued.
“Mommy, I’m scared,” my son called from the
back. “Hold on buddy!”
It seemed an eternity as I thought about my
impending death. “I don’t want to die,” I thought, “I have too much to do
still. Well, if it’s my time, then so be it.” I then thought of my son. I
pictured him in a hospital with bandages and stitches covering him. I asked for
angelic protection for him. There was absolutely nothing I could do and so I surrendered
to whatever was to be. The next second we were off the highway, careening
sideways in a sea of white. We sailed for a while longer and braced ourselves
for a good roll. The car stopped sliding as suddenly as it started. My son and
I cheered.
“Aren’t you glad I
was with you Mom? My angels are really good!” he said. I laughed at his
assurance.
The car would not
start and the windows were covered in snow. I opened the door to find a tow
truck driver standing there. He told me he had witnessed the whole thing. “You
are lucky that God was watching over you, he said.” “Yes” I replied in a state
of shock. He started my car and carefully drove it out of the snow bank. The
vehicle as well as my son and I were unscathed. The tow truck driver sent us on
our way with words of warning and a refusal to accept any money. “Naw, this is
what I’m here for” he answered.
Later, I called my
mom and told her of what happened. She was in more shock than I, as she shared
with me her story of what occurred with her earlier that day. About the same
time that my son and I were flying across the interstate my mom was partaking
in her daily prayer time. As she prayed she had a vision. She saw my car get
into an accident with a semi truck on a snow-covered highway. Frantically she
prayed for our safety for the rest of the afternoon.
“Thanks for your prayers mom. I believe you
helped save our lives.” My mother’s reply was a quiet “Yes.” To this day she
does not talk about the event.
The power that is
available to us when we believe that there is help and clarity behind the veil
of our physical existence is magnificent. I believe that my son and I could
have left this world at that time, but with our intentions set on having a safe
trip and with the energies of angels and mother’s prayers it was not to be.
Perhaps the experience was meant to allow for expansion of possibilities and to
show how faith and surrender work hand in hand. Try expanding your personal
realm of possibilities and allow the magic and miracles of the angelic realm to
permeate your experience this Holiday season.
Mary D’Agostino –Author, Inspirational Educator, Reiki
Master/Teacher
Published in “The Healing
Path”
Angels of Christmas Past
Mary D’Agostino
Copyright 2004
www.inspirationstotheheart.com
Comments
Post a Comment