How to Do the Impossible
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."--St Francis of Assisi
Dear Fellow Travelers,
What task is in front of you? What is it that you are looking forward to in your life that may seem like an impossibility?
It may be a much needed conversation, a work related chore or challenge, an illness in a family member or yourself. It may be a creative idea that will lead you to the next grand adventure of your life, it may be a new relationship, either started or just on the horizon. The task may simply be to clean, redecorate, or re-arrange your home, work space or life.
What seems like an impossible, daunting, unimagineable, impossibility in your life right now? It does not have to be a negative thing, it could be the most amazing and exciting thing ever, or the simplest of tasks, yet for some reason at this time it feels like a lot!
Be honest with yourself and do not judge whatever it is that is feeling impossible for you right now.
What is the first necessary step? Perhaps it is to get a bite to eat, to open that book, pick up the phone, rest, take a walk. Something necessary. Find your car keys and go for a ride, fill the tank with gas, take a shower...
The next possible step appears and you take it...and so on and so on. This is always how the old makes way for the new, the healing is activated or completed, the transition occurs, the life changes and rearranges.
In the process of doing what's necessary, I would add that you also practice presence. Presence is the act of staying with yourself, no matter what. It is the conscious act to remain in conscious connection with your physical body, your thoughts, feelings and emotions.
When you are present with yourself, your intuition is activated and you become your own inner guide. With presence and the activation of your inner guidance, you will know what is necessary and what is possible. And for myself, I connect presence with Source energy, the divine, love and light. It is the activation of your own spirit, and this spirit is the guardian of your self so you may be with yourself in the most loving and compassionate of ways.
The occurance of the impossible is the result.
I was brought to this realization yesterday as I shared with someone the story of my past and how I came to be where I am now. I was simply retelling the events that led me from point a to b. I stopped my vivid storytelling as she stared at me with her jaw dropped. "How did you get out of that?" she asked with eyes wide open.
I took a moment to be present with myself, turning within for just a moment and locating myself in what that question was really asking me.
Yes, I was recounting some extremely challenging events in my life, hoping to help her know that she was not alone in life, that we all make it through, yet this time I was present and feeling something new coming through. I felt the impossiblilty of what I had accomplished and let it sink in.
I knew how I had come to be the heroine of my own life story. I did what was necessary, then what was possible, and before I knew it, I had accomplished the impossible.
I answered her. "I just did the next necessary step."
That is all we can do, but it is not "just all" it is The All. It is the way of all hero's and heroines on this path. Practice presence with yourself. Know that presence is the invocation of your own inner spirit and light. Stay with yourself in the hardest of emotions. Stay with yourself in the shame, the guilt, the fear, stay with yourself with the joy and ease,the courage and the stamina. Stay present and do what is necessary, in love. The possible is then quickly revealed.
Stay with yourself this week as you do what is necessary, then what is possible and when you get to the impossible, take a moment to congratulate yourself.
You are the Hero and Heroine of your life.
Love,
Mary
Comments
Post a Comment