Opening to Love
“I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
This is a quote attributed to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I chose it to reflect how I feel about all that he stood for and to honor his presence in our world and on our planet. This sums it all up in a simple sentence. It can be extremely complicated, this human experience and careful thought and purposeful action is needed in order to make internal and external change. It also takes a strong connection to something bigger than yourself. That something is your own spirit (the source of love) as well as a deep and abiding connection with the life force energy that is pure unconditional love.
Maya Angelou said that the times of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr were "times of forgiveness and spiritual generosity."
I say that now is the time for these energies also.
We all have within us a great storehouse of love (spirit)that when used liberally, or with great generosity towards ourselves and others, can change the world. Our spirits fuel is love. Our bodies and minds fuel is love.
We all know what happens when we carry hate. Hate is perhaps the opposite of love, the absence of love, a burden all of us have carried on this earth walk at one time or another. The absence of love will manifest as a burden, disease or other form of heavy energy. Forgiveness is a complex energy, laden with all kinds of judgment. To simplify I like to see forgiveness as the energy of freedom. Light as a feather. Simply let forgiveness take your burden away, on the wings of love. And in that moment of freedom, feel the generosity of your own spirit being set free.
I was just a young child during the tumultuous times of the civil rights movement. I do however remember vividly the profound connection I had with Dr. King's messages. What he said resonated with me deeply. I had an inner knowing that we are all ONE in the eyes of the divine. As young as I was, this was my first awakening to not only the truth of that, but also the need for this message to be communicated. He influenced me in my life mission to communicate a new language on this planet. The language of the heart!
While back then, I knew in my innocence that "of course we are all deserving of love" In my naivete I did not understand why others did not know this. Years later and having lived my share of hurt and pain, I now understand that truly living in the light of love is a process. It is individual, then it is collective. It involves forgiveness, generosity of spirit and mostly the awakening within each individual the capacity to use LOVE, divine love to heal and awaken your true, pure self. And of course to cast off the burden of hate, however that may show up for us.
The easing of our burdens is what is called for. It is up to each of us to let just one burden go today.
Letting go of one burden today and applying love will truly honor all that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr stood for. Use your awakened heart, apply the freedom of forgiveness energy and just let it go.
Have a great week. Let the love flow.
Mary
www.marydagostino.com
This is a quote attributed to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I chose it to reflect how I feel about all that he stood for and to honor his presence in our world and on our planet. This sums it all up in a simple sentence. It can be extremely complicated, this human experience and careful thought and purposeful action is needed in order to make internal and external change. It also takes a strong connection to something bigger than yourself. That something is your own spirit (the source of love) as well as a deep and abiding connection with the life force energy that is pure unconditional love.
Maya Angelou said that the times of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr were "times of forgiveness and spiritual generosity."
I say that now is the time for these energies also.
We all have within us a great storehouse of love (spirit)that when used liberally, or with great generosity towards ourselves and others, can change the world. Our spirits fuel is love. Our bodies and minds fuel is love.
We all know what happens when we carry hate. Hate is perhaps the opposite of love, the absence of love, a burden all of us have carried on this earth walk at one time or another. The absence of love will manifest as a burden, disease or other form of heavy energy. Forgiveness is a complex energy, laden with all kinds of judgment. To simplify I like to see forgiveness as the energy of freedom. Light as a feather. Simply let forgiveness take your burden away, on the wings of love. And in that moment of freedom, feel the generosity of your own spirit being set free.
I was just a young child during the tumultuous times of the civil rights movement. I do however remember vividly the profound connection I had with Dr. King's messages. What he said resonated with me deeply. I had an inner knowing that we are all ONE in the eyes of the divine. As young as I was, this was my first awakening to not only the truth of that, but also the need for this message to be communicated. He influenced me in my life mission to communicate a new language on this planet. The language of the heart!
While back then, I knew in my innocence that "of course we are all deserving of love" In my naivete I did not understand why others did not know this. Years later and having lived my share of hurt and pain, I now understand that truly living in the light of love is a process. It is individual, then it is collective. It involves forgiveness, generosity of spirit and mostly the awakening within each individual the capacity to use LOVE, divine love to heal and awaken your true, pure self. And of course to cast off the burden of hate, however that may show up for us.
The easing of our burdens is what is called for. It is up to each of us to let just one burden go today.
Letting go of one burden today and applying love will truly honor all that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr stood for. Use your awakened heart, apply the freedom of forgiveness energy and just let it go.
Have a great week. Let the love flow.
Mary
www.marydagostino.com
Comments
Post a Comment