Stay in your Center

Hello Fellow Travelers,
This day has inspired me to write the message for the week. The day started out warm, and then got cooler and cooler, then it began to snow, the wind swirling and whipping, garbage flying (it's garbage day in my part of the world) and basically anything not nailed down became tipped, toppled and turvey. The wind is still whipping but the sun has come out, and a bright ending to this chaotic day is to be had.
This chaotic, polar opposite weather within one twelve hour period is common this time of the year, yet as common as it is, it can still be unnerving. It can and will unearth, unleash and otherwise unsettle.
This type of energy reminds me of the chaos that can appear in our lives at any given moment. Many of us spend a lot of time keeping chaos at bay, or denying it, hiding it or dancing around it. Life is chaotic because chaos is a partner with change.
Keeping chaos out of life is like denying change. Let it in, or at least observe where it is already in your life. Let it be there. Notice it. Notice what you do with it. What is your first instinct when you see or feel chaos? Is it to fix it, hide from it, deny it, run from it, fight with it?  What do you do when chaos is whipping around? Notice what you do with it and then, let me suggest something different.
As most of you know I am a mother to five children. Four sons. I am no stranger to chaos. I used to like to use the term "organized chaos" when referring to my household when my children were growing up. This past week I had an up close and personal experience with the energy of chaos. My youngest son was experiencing back spasms for the first time in his life and his body was in undeniable pain. I took him to the ER. Wanting to be there for him, I entered into the swirling energy of chaos. This time, however I entered into it with a deeper sense of awareness of my own defenses against chaos(what I automatically do to try and fight it). This time instead of fighting the chaos or immediately seeking to organize it,  I went to the place  that actually strengthens me. I went into the "eye of the storm".
When the chaos is swirling about it is time to turn within and find the "eye of the storm". Find your center. Return to it. Connect with the "eye" that is within the chaos. It is here you find the still-point. The absolute calm. It is here you come face to face with both your strength and that which keeps you from it.
This is not always the easy way, but it is the way to ride the waves that are bound to erupt within our lives while being on the path of the awakened human. It is how we stay sane and how we grow through the changes that are occurring within us and within others.
As the chaos of change erupts around and within you, retreat into the still point. Remain open. It is here that you will discover your true power.
Have a blessed week.
Mary
www.marydagostino.com  sign up to receive these blogs in your in box

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon in Sagittarius! The Big Ask

Boundaries, Bamboo and Birth

Life is Messy I and II