May I please?

Hello Fellow Travelers,
"To step into your own power, don't ask others for permission. Be your truth. Stand in your light."-Denise Linn
Who are you awaiting permission from? Who are you waiting or wanting to say to you, "I love you and trust you, please do what you long to do." Who or what is holding you back from stepping into your own power, and making the commitment to yourself to shine your inner light and radiate your inherent value?
You might not think you are awaiting another's permission at all. You might think yourself quite independent and capable, able and valuable. Yet, if there is any area of your life where you are feeling unfulfilled, unhappy or in any way dissatisfied, ask yourself this~
Who or what am I awaiting permission from? And you may well find that along with a partner or parent, or child or society or any outer conditioning, you might just be awaiting permission from your self.
Do you give yourself copious amounts of permission to do what your heart and soul long to do? Do you allow yourself sweet pleasures, delights and easy going moments? Are you the one that is withholding love from yourself? Is it your own inner voice you long to hear say "I love you, I trust you, I forgive you, I need you, I give you permission to BE"...
This weeks message is about having the courage to live your life true to yourself and the first step is to give yourself an infinite amount of permission to do so.
Even if you do not know what it looks like exactly. It does change, depending on where you are in your life. Yes, being true to yourself changes.
Being true to yourself, shining your light, living in your power is a day to day, moment to moment choice. It arises from a place within. The outer choices will shift and change according to the day, but the inner place from which our truth emanates is always there. It is a constant. It is our essence.
Living true to yourself requires that you become your own granter of permission. It also requires that you risk the disapproval of anyone or anything that might not want you to grow or change or become someone different. Living true to yourself may disappoint others, in fact it most probably will, yet when you risk this type of disappointment and disapproval, it is a risk that is rewarded by a deeper sense of inner approval, strength, courage and self love.
Give yourself permission to stir the pot, stoke the fire, create the waves of change, for it is in this energy of permission that  you will find your deepest desires and dreams becoming real. It is here you will find your home, your inner voice and your truth.
In closing I will share with you some of what inspired me to write this message. I came across a talk about the Top Five Regrets of the Dying. This is the name of a book written by Bronnie Ware, a palliative care-giver.  Bronnie was being interviewed and I only caught the discussion about #1 - at the perfect moment and time for me. To hear that the number one regret of dying people according to Ms. Ware,  was something that I devoted my life to both personally and professionally gave me an inspired boost, just when I needed it!
I will share with you the top five regrets of the dying here. I encourage you to also visit her blog
1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Give yourself permission to live a life true to yourself. Reach out for support and know that you will receive it. Give yourself permission to live a life of love and joy and happiness, friendship, self expression, and fun. Make choices this week that are true to your self.
In support, courage, inspiration and divine love!
Have a blessed week.

Mary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon in Sagittarius! The Big Ask

Boundaries, Bamboo and Birth

Life is Messy I and II