True Love

Hello Fellow Travelers,
What is true love?
My journalism background (way back) has me asking the big six about true love~ who, what, when, where, why and how.
What is true love? Where is it? Who brings it to you? Why do you want, need or long for true love? When do you experience true love? How do you know true love?
All my life, I have been led by the pursuit of love. My very makeup or soul blueprint, has led me on a path of discovery for the experience of true love. Just as so many of us,  I thought I knew what it was and how I could get it. I just knew that I knew the answer (smarty pants).  Find a mate, get married, have a family. Voila, true love! OR how about, have a career you love, an education, friends, family all around. Voila, true love!
Sure, these experiences include love, yet I am talking about real, true love!
What I have learned  is that the journey of life is never what we "think". Thinking is usually what gets us into trouble. I truly did believe, think I knew  that when I had these things I would know true love. I did eventually have all of the above, yet within the attainment of these experiences that I thought would bring me true love, I also experienced deep hurt, pain, betrayal, illnesses and so very much that I did not ever "think" would happen. In fact I naively thought the attainment of true love would exclude me from painful life experiences.
It really was all a whole different experience than originally planned!
True love is not ever found the way we "think" it is.
In journaling class last evening a student shared with me a belief she held about when she would find true love. It seemed a rational idea, or thought, yet upon further inquiry we found that this thinking or knowing might actually be a barrier to true love.
What barriers do you have up against true love? Is it your ideas about who, what, when, where why and how it is?
What if love is always wanting to find you? What if love is always knocking on your door and inviting you to dance with it? What if true love is always readily available and is yours for the taking? What if it is actually the stuff you are made of?
It is when we drop what we think we know and surrender to the energy of love in it's every form that we are then in true love.
True love is "wherever we are". It is always available. True love is you! (that's who).
True, real love is the substance of life force energy and it is that which heals all. It is generated from within and is always able to be replenished. Yes, it is also within your mate, children,loved ones,work, pets, nature. Yet the key to sharing and experiencing true, real love is to simply be in it as much as you can.
Spending as much time doing what you love, doing your healing work, nourishing yourself, making room, opening doors, confronting and questioning thoughts and ideas from the past,(even the logical ones) all help strengthen the true love that is always there!
And this, my fellow traveler is the who, what, when, where, why and how of true love.
There is nothing more to know. Just open.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon in Sagittarius! The Big Ask

Boundaries, Bamboo and Birth

Life is Messy I and II