Life is Messy I and II

Last week's message was about the messiness of life, the ups, downs, ins and outs. The minute you think you got it figured out, life will indeed give you something else. There is a lot going on out in the world and we are inundated with it on a moment to moment basis.
It seems messier this week than last.
What to do? I suggest you delve in and see where it takes you. First of all, what is messy to you?  You all have your own definition and I would encourage you to find yours and work with it. Messy to me is the opposite of harmony and peace. It is feelings as well as experiences of unrest, unease, discord, disharmony, etc. It's when I or someone I love or care about is hurt, upset or in trouble. Messy is witnessing or being on the receiving end of cruelty in words or deeds. I have experienced my share of messy situations, as has everyone alive today.
I have been cleaning up messes since childhood. Not only cleaning up messes, but then striving to keep order of the messes! I know you can relate. It's like that phrase "herding cats", only more like "herding hundreds of cats  in one room for days with one small bowl of food and one litter box among them."Get the picture? Smelly and messy.
As a very determined girl, I sought to clean up as many messes as possible in my life. To do so would keep me safe, all my needs would be met and I would live in peace and harmony all the days of my life. (and most likely be canonized as a Saint upon my death, because these were big messes).
The determined girl is also a smart girl and soon I saw how each relationship in my life was based upon having the other being very messy and me being the neat freak. And I am not talking dusty here.
There was no shortage of incredibly messy, energetic vampires, abusive, ungrateful and unappreciative people in my life. The better I got at cleaning up, the messier they became and the more frustrated I was until everything, including me was a mess! And I looked good doing it, so most people never suspected how overworked I was.
The determined girl, who became the smart girl, then started to slowly transform into the awakened woman. This required I tell the whole truth to myself at all times, or at least aspire to do so. That is what is required in order to transform and awaken. 
Still there are messes. More than ever before. Yet the awakened woman is now urged to continue her journey of conscious evolution. In order to do so I take another path. I take the high road. Not overlooking the messes, or pretending they are not there nor bypassing them with a "spiritual concept". I instead embrace my Self as the sole creator of my own experience. I do not live to clean up messes anymore, nor do I believe that is my role, nor purpose. As I leave the entire messy experience behind, I honor it for what I have learned. I thank each and every very messy person for giving me something to do while I figured out that the path to my own freedom was always within me.
The freedom exists when I changed my view point and decided to keep on traveling upward. From this vantage point I am can see where the peace and harmony truly are. The peace and harmony are found in my core being. My essence. The peace and harmony are supported within each moment and each choice. As I said last week, the peace and harmony are within each and every one of you. Connect with this inner peace. Stay connected for as many moments as you can. 
See yourself saying 'NO" to participating in whatever the mess in your life is. Say no to your own desires to be right, to stay invested, to do the same old thing expecting a different result. Say no to whatever holds you prisoner in your own being. Say no and then walk to your freedom, on the high road and take your rightful place on the top of the mountain. The air is clean and fresh and the view is spectacular. Make this place your home.
May this week bring you peace and harmony and the may you know the essence of your true self.
Love,
Mary


Message from October 30, 2014
Peace and Harmony.
These energies are so delicious, desirable and truly attainable. So very close at times and then so very far away in the next moment. In order to experience harmony and peace one almost always has an experience of the opposite, either before, after or in direct opposition. Chaos, clash and discord are just some of what exist on the opposing side of the harmony and peace coin. 
We live on a planet of of duality~ yin/yang, male/female, good/bad, white/black. This I am, this I am not. It has been a way of identifying ourselves, of finding our place in the scheme of things and also of knowing our place. The duality gives us a way to make choices and live. Yet the harshness of this duality has been the cause of much suffering. It has been a dividing line, a way to segregate and separate.
There is just too much known now to simply rely on the good/bad, right/wrong, male/female, dualistic way of looking at our life experience. We know so much more about each other than we ever had access to before, we know so much about how people/animals, the environment/our food supplies are treated, not just in our own communities but in places across the globe, we know so much about the violence, the destruction, the oppression and suppression. We know so much about our true desires, longings, secret(no longer) passions and possibilities for change. We know so much, or at least are working on knowing more about our own personal value and worth as a human beings as well as the vastness of our energetic beings. Knowing this much about so much has changed the course of our lives.
We are awakening and we are becoming conscious. We are changing at the core level of who we are as human beings.
In the last piece I wrote I spoke at length about the importance of cleaning, clearing and organizing (go here to read this in full)  I spoke about making room for the new and clearing the clutter in our minds and hearts. The clarity and peace that are found in a nice neat  clear space is truly a sigh of relief. This clearing gives us space and room to be more conscious. Yet as is to be the case, quickly after I wrote that piece I was made clearly aware of the opposite.
Life is messy and chaotic. By its very existence it is bold and aggressive. Think of what it takes to be born. This is the opposite of clean, clear and organized.  Yes, it is true, there are always two sides to every coin. Two ways (many more than two) to see events, circumstances and challenges.  These sides may or may not be valid to you, or you may or may not agree with them, yet they exist in this world of duality. Yes, life can be incredibly messy or incredibly clear, yet it is usually not one way or the other. Life is instead, both and all. It is vast, diverse and incredibly complex. There is so  much going on in every individual, community, state, country, universe. In fact each human soul is a universe in and of itself! This duality is going on inside each and every one of us.
What to do and where do we find peace and harmony in an inner and outer world of complexity and duality? 
In order to see yourself  through the clear times as well as the chaotic, I offer you this guidance; continuously seek balance. Seek the middle ground. In the "two sides to every coin" scenario, seek to be the coin. Not one side of the coin or the other, but the coin itself. Balance is found within you, is entirely accessible and is a place of deep and eternal calm. The middle is the gold, the coin, the place of non-attachment. It is your witnessing self. It is the solid gold of your essence. It is found in an instant and can vanish in an instant, yet it is there, always.
We do not know from one day to the next what will occur in our outer world. We do however have the power to continuously connect with our core essence. We can start to relate with the world and others from this place. It takes practice and commitment to do so. It is easy to find ourselves on one side of the coin or the other. It is easy to fall into the complacency of following what you felt were the "rules of engagement" that would keep you safe and secure on the clean side of the coin and ignorant of the messiness of life. It is also just as easy to get caught in the dark and messy side and identify with the pain and suffering and forget the spacious, clear side.
It is not necessary to identify with the mess, gloom or doom, for I would caution you not to do so, yet it is also not necessary to identify with the clean or clear. It is simply for  us to come into our center and identify with our eternal essence or that aspect of us that never needs to have life be one way or the other in order for us to be at peace or experience harmony.
This is the challenge of this time. Connect with the gold that is you ~and when life gets messy, right after you cleaned and cleared, find that center, and detach from the need to have it be one way or the other. Return to center, find the gold and remain there. Watch the comings and goings and go about your days. This is true harmony and peace.
And besides that...  what transpires and what your eyes are opened to once you anchor into that gold essence is truly magical, miraculous and amazing.
Have a blessed week.
Mary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon in Sagittarius! The Big Ask

Boundaries, Bamboo and Birth