Love lives...
In honor of my son, Brandon, I must share. I am officially in my period of bereavement. This is how I grieve. Sharing stories of divine love and angels on earth!
Today I needed a ride home from the car repair shop. Kids, friends, all otherwise engaged , so ...what to do? My son George assured me that Uber was still ok to use. (Check your facts people said Georgie, who I tend to believe because he is usually right. )
I was picked up by a man named Hadi in his "dad van". It was filled with kids cd's that I noticed right away. He and I had a conversation.
"Family is everything." he said. He is the father of 7. I am mother of 5. He was elated when I told him that. He replied.
"I never yet gave a ride to a mother of 5! I really like that."
He smiled at me through the rear view mirror.
Hadi is from Libya. He told me he is the youngest sibling of of 7. He assured me that "life is short and we must laugh and be happy and have joy."
His siblings are all in Libya. I don't know if his children are all here with him or not...We talk of family some more...
His oldest child is 24. His youngest, his daughter is 6.
My youngest Brandon, is 24, I tell him.
"They get mad at me." he said referring to his older siblings.
He goes on to explain...Hands slapping the wheel!
"Because I am too happy. I never let things get me down. I say...smile...life too short. My wife, she says "you love your children so much. I am tired, you never tire!" He says "No, I don't tire because love is so good."
Tears come to me...
I share with him my recent loss. "My youngest son, was killed, three weeks ago".
My Brandon, was very much like Hadi.
"Mom, be happy...please don't worry. I am fine. Life is short.Be happy. Smile. "
Hadi gets me home. Before I get out of the dad van with the smudges on the windows and the dirty streaks in the carpet, he holds my hands and says. "You sure this is your house?" We laugh!! "No forget to laugh...life short...no worry."
Miracles and angels are all around. Today, my Uber driver, Hadi did not let any "ban" deter him from living life to the fullest. At least that was my experience today, as a grieving mother.
Do what you must to do what is right. Then, rise above the fray, do not get caught in the darkness, shine your light. Because that is what will overcome the darkness that is seemingly taking over right now. It is NOT.
Light lives, love lives and nothing can stop that. "Be strong people, believe in love and live it." That will make a difference.
I was picked up by a man named Hadi in his "dad van". It was filled with kids cd's that I noticed right away. He and I had a conversation.
"Family is everything." he said. He is the father of 7. I am mother of 5. He was elated when I told him that. He replied.
"I never yet gave a ride to a mother of 5! I really like that."
He smiled at me through the rear view mirror.
Hadi is from Libya. He told me he is the youngest sibling of of 7. He assured me that "life is short and we must laugh and be happy and have joy."
His siblings are all in Libya. I don't know if his children are all here with him or not...We talk of family some more...
His oldest child is 24. His youngest, his daughter is 6.
My youngest Brandon, is 24, I tell him.
"They get mad at me." he said referring to his older siblings.
He goes on to explain...Hands slapping the wheel!
"Because I am too happy. I never let things get me down. I say...smile...life too short. My wife, she says "you love your children so much. I am tired, you never tire!" He says "No, I don't tire because love is so good."
Tears come to me...
I share with him my recent loss. "My youngest son, was killed, three weeks ago".
My Brandon, was very much like Hadi.
"Mom, be happy...please don't worry. I am fine. Life is short.Be happy. Smile. "
Hadi gets me home. Before I get out of the dad van with the smudges on the windows and the dirty streaks in the carpet, he holds my hands and says. "You sure this is your house?" We laugh!! "No forget to laugh...life short...no worry."
Miracles and angels are all around. Today, my Uber driver, Hadi did not let any "ban" deter him from living life to the fullest. At least that was my experience today, as a grieving mother.
Do what you must to do what is right. Then, rise above the fray, do not get caught in the darkness, shine your light. Because that is what will overcome the darkness that is seemingly taking over right now. It is NOT.
Light lives, love lives and nothing can stop that. "Be strong people, believe in love and live it." That will make a difference.
Mary
Comments
Post a Comment