Use Your Power-Self Care Tip of the Week
| Hello Fellow Travelers, I've been traveling over the last week. I am delighted to be home in my sanctuary and also delighted to have traveled.Traveling to the US Nation's capitol, to a place where I used to make my home, in a suburb that is within 20 miles of Washington DC, is always a bit jolting. The energies are so very different in this place of my past, from the energies of this place of my present, and yet what I noticed this trip, most of all, was the kindness shown, the hearts trying to be open and the courage and fortitude blasting forth. I noticed the tenacity and the diligence of everyday people, doing everyday things, with great pride and focus. What I have taken away from my visit to this highly charged, politically activated center of our country is that we do indeed have the power. The power I witnessed came from the mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfather's of the children who waited for the bus each morning alongside my own grandchildren. Different races, different places of origin, yet all want the same thing. A better life for their kids, food for their bellies, education, and a safe place to live and work and have an education. I saw it in their eyes, and what I saw was sheer determination. The kind I remember having when each day I too saw my children off to school, hoping they would be well tended to, and safe as they grew their minds. The power of the courage of these modern day hero's was present as they are the parent's of our future leaders. The power I witnessed from the woman from Afghanistan, as she told me the story of her elderly, ill mother, still living in her home land, and how she can't go to see her. She has lived on US soil for 25 years and went through all the proper channels to be here, but her country is so war torn and she can't leave her two teens here alone, or take them with. The sadness in her eyes, the worry, and the courage of her open heart as she shed a tear to me, a stranger. She has the power of love on her side and she uses it. The power I witnessed from my daughter as she spoke of her desire to run for public office, and make it known that what is important is that all children have access to safe and excellent education, and that immigrants are treated with dignity and respect, for these are the children of our future. All of them. The power I felt as I witnessed real people, living real lives, doing real good, moving forward, looking around, doing what they can where they are and with what they have, did indeed drown out the circus show of what is happening in the political arena right now. It drown out the foolishness and highlighted the need to act up, act out, take back our power, find it in our hearts and soul, minds, values and inner knowing, and use it with gratitude that you have a say, in whatever way. Use it and use it now, especially if you have ever been oppressed or suppressed or if you were not allowed to be in your full power. Now is the time to charge it up and use it for some good. Self care is about using our power. Find where it is, don't bother with where it is not, and use it for good. This is your self care homework for the week... and beyond. Love, Mary ![]() |
| Last weeks Self Care tip: Tenderness www.marydagostino.com |

Comments
Post a Comment