Hello Fellow Travelers,
January is almost complete. I have been introspective these last weeks. Into the New Year and this time of year opens up a most tender remembrance for me.
Anniversaries of important events have a way of digging deep, causing introspection and reflection. Anniversaries are a way of marking time. Marking time can be a way to honor our human/spirit journey. Marking time can bring up memories to celebrate and memories of grief. Marking time is a part of our deepest ancestral roots. Life on this planet is full of the natural markings of time. Our bodies keep time with our cycles and rhythms of the physical systems that keep us alive. Our minds keep time because our bodies do. Our Soul keeps time as it coaxes us to turn inward during dark, cold months and turn towards the sunlight as it starts to return.
We are inherent time-keepers, and a interconnected system that always seeks towards life enhancing experiences.
Even in death, our physical systems stop and our spiritual systems take over. The journey is unfettered and we continue on.
The anniversary of my son's passing has come around once more. I wish to share with you how I have continued on. I have marked the passing of time with great hope (and action taken) for my own healing, the healing of my family and those friends that are as family. Our lives were forever changed three January's ago. Our family and community system suddenly disrupted. I have marked the passing of hours and days, as I sought the return of the Light. I have marked the passing of the moon's phases and the seasons. I have kept journal upon journal of my time in the throes of bereavement, and my time of constant healing from loss. I have re- acclimated my systems with healing balms loving kindness.
What keeps me going is honoring and celebrating the seasons and the days and the months and the years as best I can with the ever deepening knowing that our physical life is over all too soon. There is much more to celebrate, and more to be in gratitude for and more love than ever as I honor the sacred passage of Life.
Life is the medicine.
Death has a way of bringing us home to the reality of our human/spirit existence in a way that is both vulnerable and invincible. Our spirits (Souls) are invincible. Our bodies, not so much. Our lives are invincible and much needed medicine, when lived as a sacred passage through a magnificent physical existence.
It matters not how many days we lived, for when we live life as an honoring of our time here, and connect with the rhythms and cycles and make meaning out of our days, we live on. Our spirit's live on, the love we shared lives on, the experiences, go with us, tucked deep into the recesses of our Soul, on to the next great adventure.
The meaning we make is personal and unique for each one of us. This is the journey of our Soul and the way to live life as medicine.
I have made more room for the simple pleasures, and the honoring of time passing and the joys of being with the ones I love and feel safe and happy with. I have made life a priority and my hopes and dreams for myself have whittled away into living each day as best I can. Some days are difficult, some full of ease. As I know they always are, whether we are living with awareness of our Soul or not. We are human, living out this existence, as best we can.
Give yourself the gift of appreciating who you are with as much awareness of your limitless Self (Soul) as possible. Give yourself the gift of following your heart and love. Do love, give love, be love, receive love. Give yourself the gift of treating yourself with as much love, respect, value and appreciation as you possibly can, in each day. No matter how you are feeling that given day, it is always a part of the cycle. Give yourself the gift of care and be easy with yourself. Be so forgiving, for all of the mumble and jumble of this world will not follow us into the next. It does not. I am pretty sure it never did and will not.
Live your every day life with a bit more Soul. We tend to leave this part of our be-ing out of the equation. It is the main- stay of the equation. We are unified beings of spirit, mind, body and all of us wants, needs and loves.
Give yourself the gift of living IN-spirited. If you don't know what that means or how to do it, start to connect yourself to the cycles of the moon, the phases of the days and the seasons of the year. Connect with the sacredness of who you are. Connect with what you love or like or what makes you feel better, or free or open. Connect with Gaia and give yourself the gift of realizing how interdependent you are. The air, the water, the soil, it is all here for you.
Yes, this has helped me too over these years, to know how interconnected we are, with life on this planet and the life beyond our bodies. We are in a wondrous circle and cycle of connection and in this we are always safe and always loved. No matter what.
Give yourself the gift of deep, heart expanding compassion, for life on this planet is an ever changing cycle with inner and outer rhythms of mystery unfolding in each moment.
May we find our interconnectedness within the rhythms and cycles, moments, days, seasons, and may we find healing there, in the medicine of Life.
Love,
Mary
Comments
Post a Comment