Permission to Feel

Hello Fellow Travelers,
I won't ask how you are. Or maybe I will, but you surely don't have to figure out how to give words to all that you may be feeling right now.
In the course of a day, we can be bombarded with a great variety of feelings. Now is not the time to judge or criticize yourself in any way. Whatever you are feeling has validity. Now is not the time to compare yourself with where others are, or what they are saying, or doing. Whatever you are thinking or wanting to do with your time is valid.
Meditation to assist with the feels is below.
I have found myself not wanting to do much of anything except keep a sort of vigil. It is a vigil of honoring all of us on this collective journey. It is a vigil of prayer, and collective healing. It is a vigil of gratitude that I have a safe harbor to be in during this time. I offer you a safe harbor through these emails and meditations.
I have walked this road before and maybe I can share the wisdom of having traversed the realms of bereavement and grief, for we are going through collective grief and bereavement. Honor your feels. Trust that this will pass. Stay in the day. Tend to yourself in any way that you can. Tending to yourself includes respecting however it is you feel in any given moment.
The moments of happy are just as important as the moments of sad, and yes, most of us relish the moments of happy and want them more. Relish the moments of happy, for they are a foundation. The moments of sad, or any other feeling that you may deem as negative, are also a foundation. There is nothing quite like giving yourself permission to feel whatever it is you feel. This is power. This is strengthening to your system. This is healing and assists you in seeing a way through this time.
Feel the feels. They are big feels. I honor you and am grateful we are on this sacred life journey together.
Love,
Mary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon in Sagittarius! The Big Ask

Boundaries, Bamboo and Birth

Life is Messy I and II