Unconditional Love
Hello Fellow Travelers,
I have returned, although I am not sure where exactly I went! I took some time to regroup and see what life would bring. I spent more time with my kids and grandkids and doing some things I love. Easy does it. Each day unfolded and I did my best to go with the flow. Curiosity had become my ally.
A new world has indeed unfolded. A new world out there, post (almost) pandemic for all and post (almost) bereavement for me. Where does this new find me? Find us?
I suppose I needed this time to find out where I actually stood after experiencing a personal life changing traumatic event in 2017 and a collective life changing traumatic event in 2020.
We have all heard the platitudes regarding where people should stand after a tragic event- "you will know what matters, live out what matters, be more focused on love, and kindness, suddenly know compassion." I've uttered them, and I have believed them. What I learned is that it takes focused devotion to actually change with the tragedies. The challenges don't change you unless you ask them to and follow through.
I ask the challenges to show me the graces, the light in the darkness, and the way forward and this is what I have discovered.
I discovered that I live life on my terms, with values of unconditional love guiding me. I have worked hard to remove the shackles of conditional love and the values that keep that in place. It has always been my drive to add more love and kindness to a world that sees too much of its opposite. What are the values of unconditional love? Kindness, compassion, empathy, acceptance, and peace as a way of life.
What are the shackles of conditional love? Power over others, manipulation, greed, competition, devalue of loving and caring for our fellow humans, oppression, suppression.
I discovered living out the values of unconditional love has required difficult choices. I have continuously had to readjust my course through life when I found myself in conditioned spaces and places within my own heart and mind, as well as in my outer environments.
It was all worth the readjustments. I suppose this Retreat time was a time to readjust my own perspective a bit by looking back over the past, scanning it for how I have liberated myself from conditioned values and how living towards the values of unconditional love has become my reality. Everywhere I turn, I am able to find love, acceptance, peace, empathy, compassion and kindness in a world that hasn't learned compassion from tragedy quite yet.
I live in a world of unconditional love values now, instead of craving the possibility of it. I have found my place right here as I have created a reality that is healing and as joy filled as possible. I have created this reality from great tragedy and many challenges. This has been my life's work. This is where I stand.
After living through a year of pandemic, I know where I stand, and yet not entirely sure where I am headed. Instead this re-treat time was a time to find out where I am right now and dig in deeper so that the changes I may make, either in the near future or distant times, are all steeped in the wisdom gained from living through many years of change, challenge, tragedy, healing and love.
I feel a Journaling Course coming from this exploration...The Lost Year 2020, Where do we stand? Curious to explore with me?
Thanks for being beside me on this journey!
Love,
Mary

Comments
Post a Comment