Hello Fellow Travelers,
I have returned home after a journey on the road. This writing is long, but the first of a series of Heart Inspired Travels. Enjoy!
Driving from my home in Colorado to my daughter's home outside Washington DC, I had the privilege to experience the energy of Kansas, Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia,The District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa, Nebraska and finally back home to Colorado.
My traveling companion (lovely daughter-in-law) and I could feel the subtle shifts in the energy of each state we passed through during our drive. We commented on how the states "seemed" to us, all the while enjoying the freedom that driving through the vast open wide countryside gave us. We stopped when we needed a break, filled up the tank, and were off again. We listened to music, belted out songs,drove in silence, told jokes and shared deeply personal stories of our lives. We were safe, guided and protected the whole journey through.
The
one glitch came as we were to plan our route back home. The time we
spent reveling in the fun and delight with my daughter and three little
grandsons was coming to a close. Time to go home, filled up and
eternally grateful for this summer visit.We would be leaving the next
day and would have one stop in Bridgeton MO, just outside of St. Louis. I
booked our non refundable hotel stay, not knowing where exactly this
hotel was and hoping the place was safe for us. Later that day I heard
about the events that were occurring in the area. Our hotel was very
close to the upheaval, violence, frustrations, upset, death and anger.
This was the area that was the half way mark along our route, our
destination for day one for our drive back.
I immediately started to question whether or not we should stay there. We had all kinds of advice about what to do, yet I could feel that this was a powerful opportunity for shift, expansion and growth. So I asked Spirit and my guides and angels to come into my dreams and tell me what to do. We were to leave first thing in the morning and I needed an answer. I got one.
I had clear dreams that night, with my guides showing me how in the past I have consistently gone into "danger zones". These zones or situations were mostly filled with emotional danger~ always on the verge of escalating into physical danger. I had entered into this scenario in my personal life over and over, all under the guise of "I can help this person, or people, I can get them to see, change, etc." These experiences were in the past and if I was/am to be an effective healer, transformation artist, and live a life fully present and an expression of spirit, I had to be very honest with myself. I had to make a choice that honored my energy, my path, and that was very loving for me.(and my daughter in law)
Thus, we chose to drive the northern route and see some new and different states. The hotel we chose to stay in was this cute little place here located in Iowa. Notice the giant ORB in this picture?

The story doesn't end here. Although I chose not to go into the energy in Missouri, I also had the inner direction and guidance to find a way to help the situation that had exploded in Ferguson. I had after all just visited our nations capitol, visiting the reflecting pool, MLK Memorial, WWII, Vietnam and Lincoln Memorial. I had been deeply passionate about human rights ever since I listened to MLK speak when I was a little girl. What could I do? What power did I have in this situation? I am not pretending to know what it is like to live the lives of the people involved in the shooting death of the young man in MO. I am however a fellow human being, a fellow traveler and I am able to do what I can, when I can and how I am called. What could I do?
The call came as we were driving that second day. We were almost home, or so it seemed. No, we had a very long 500 miles left to go and a monotonous 500 miles for sure! (no offense to you Nebraskans out there, but when you are itching to be home Nebraska is one looooong state). I was given a way to manifest peace and alleviate suffering as we drove along interstate 80. For each mile we drove a prayer would be sent to all people, everywhere. Not just in Missouri, but in all states, countries and lands. I shared this plan with my daughter. We set the intention for love, peace and blessings to go out. We drove on, knowing that our intentions for love and healing were going out 500 times 500 and that this energy we were expressing would indeed travel exactly where it needed to go.
We immediately felt better, our moods lightened, we danced(at the rest stops) and sang really loud. The time went by and I do know that our prayers were felt.
I will continue to pray and send blessings for peace and healing to all involved in any and all violence or pain and all human suffering. I will continue to do my part, first in my own life and then in the lives of those around me and where I am called. There is no shortage of suffering on our planet and no shortage of people who can help in a myriad of ways. It is time for all of us to do what we can from where we are. It is time to listen to the calls of our heart and souls and create the world that reflects love. It is time to heal our own personal wounds in the best ways we can so that we can be the agents of change. If only for our selves, or for our own families and communities. It starts within each one of us.
You have within you a guidance system so powerful that it will never lead you astray. You have around you powerful spirit helpers, angels and light beings that are always guiding you to choose love. Never underestimate the power you hold to transform your world and the world of others. Even if the power is prayer, or sending love and light. That is true power.
I pray that all people everywhere have all their needs met
I pray that all people everywhere know love
I pray that all people everywhere have moments, days, and weeks of peace. No matter what race, gender or creed they be.
I pray that love, peace, kindness and compassion be the reality that we all share.
And so it is.

As we drove into our home in Fort Collins we were greeted by the most beautiful sunset ever! I feel we were welcomed home by the energy of love and gratitude. It is there, it is everywhere, we just need to see it, connect with it and be in it. From that place we are then much more able to be there for others in their suffering and be the beacon of light that is so needed on this planet at this time.
Shine on.
May you have a blessed week.
Mary
I have returned home after a journey on the road. This writing is long, but the first of a series of Heart Inspired Travels. Enjoy!
Driving from my home in Colorado to my daughter's home outside Washington DC, I had the privilege to experience the energy of Kansas, Missouri, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia,The District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Iowa, Nebraska and finally back home to Colorado.
My traveling companion (lovely daughter-in-law) and I could feel the subtle shifts in the energy of each state we passed through during our drive. We commented on how the states "seemed" to us, all the while enjoying the freedom that driving through the vast open wide countryside gave us. We stopped when we needed a break, filled up the tank, and were off again. We listened to music, belted out songs,drove in silence, told jokes and shared deeply personal stories of our lives. We were safe, guided and protected the whole journey through.
I immediately started to question whether or not we should stay there. We had all kinds of advice about what to do, yet I could feel that this was a powerful opportunity for shift, expansion and growth. So I asked Spirit and my guides and angels to come into my dreams and tell me what to do. We were to leave first thing in the morning and I needed an answer. I got one.
I had clear dreams that night, with my guides showing me how in the past I have consistently gone into "danger zones". These zones or situations were mostly filled with emotional danger~ always on the verge of escalating into physical danger. I had entered into this scenario in my personal life over and over, all under the guise of "I can help this person, or people, I can get them to see, change, etc." These experiences were in the past and if I was/am to be an effective healer, transformation artist, and live a life fully present and an expression of spirit, I had to be very honest with myself. I had to make a choice that honored my energy, my path, and that was very loving for me.(and my daughter in law)
Thus, we chose to drive the northern route and see some new and different states. The hotel we chose to stay in was this cute little place here located in Iowa. Notice the giant ORB in this picture?

The story doesn't end here. Although I chose not to go into the energy in Missouri, I also had the inner direction and guidance to find a way to help the situation that had exploded in Ferguson. I had after all just visited our nations capitol, visiting the reflecting pool, MLK Memorial, WWII, Vietnam and Lincoln Memorial. I had been deeply passionate about human rights ever since I listened to MLK speak when I was a little girl. What could I do? What power did I have in this situation? I am not pretending to know what it is like to live the lives of the people involved in the shooting death of the young man in MO. I am however a fellow human being, a fellow traveler and I am able to do what I can, when I can and how I am called. What could I do?
The call came as we were driving that second day. We were almost home, or so it seemed. No, we had a very long 500 miles left to go and a monotonous 500 miles for sure! (no offense to you Nebraskans out there, but when you are itching to be home Nebraska is one looooong state). I was given a way to manifest peace and alleviate suffering as we drove along interstate 80. For each mile we drove a prayer would be sent to all people, everywhere. Not just in Missouri, but in all states, countries and lands. I shared this plan with my daughter. We set the intention for love, peace and blessings to go out. We drove on, knowing that our intentions for love and healing were going out 500 times 500 and that this energy we were expressing would indeed travel exactly where it needed to go.
We immediately felt better, our moods lightened, we danced(at the rest stops) and sang really loud. The time went by and I do know that our prayers were felt.
I will continue to pray and send blessings for peace and healing to all involved in any and all violence or pain and all human suffering. I will continue to do my part, first in my own life and then in the lives of those around me and where I am called. There is no shortage of suffering on our planet and no shortage of people who can help in a myriad of ways. It is time for all of us to do what we can from where we are. It is time to listen to the calls of our heart and souls and create the world that reflects love. It is time to heal our own personal wounds in the best ways we can so that we can be the agents of change. If only for our selves, or for our own families and communities. It starts within each one of us.
You have within you a guidance system so powerful that it will never lead you astray. You have around you powerful spirit helpers, angels and light beings that are always guiding you to choose love. Never underestimate the power you hold to transform your world and the world of others. Even if the power is prayer, or sending love and light. That is true power.
I pray that all people everywhere have all their needs met
I pray that all people everywhere know love
I pray that all people everywhere have moments, days, and weeks of peace. No matter what race, gender or creed they be.
I pray that love, peace, kindness and compassion be the reality that we all share.
And so it is.
As we drove into our home in Fort Collins we were greeted by the most beautiful sunset ever! I feel we were welcomed home by the energy of love and gratitude. It is there, it is everywhere, we just need to see it, connect with it and be in it. From that place we are then much more able to be there for others in their suffering and be the beacon of light that is so needed on this planet at this time.
Shine on.
May you have a blessed week.
Mary
Comments
Post a Comment