What is your motive?
Hello Fellow Travelers,
If you are reading this you have within you a desire to travel the path of spiritual truth, inspiration and love.
Your motive is most likely quite clear. You want to learn and grow and be inspired and motivated to do so.
Motive-(n) A reason for doing something, especially one that is hidden or not obvious.
Motive-(adj) Causing or being the reason for something.
What about the motives you have that are not so clear and obvious? What about the motives you carry that are hidden, tucked away and so far underground that you do not even know they exist. What about these motives?
We all have them. Let's pull them out and take a look. I assure you that the time you spend doing so will greatly enhance your relationship with your self and others. Taking a look at what lies beneath the outer understanding of why you do what you do can open up a great surge in personal growth and compassion for self and others.
What is your motive for living? What is your motive for the work you do, the friends you keep, the activities you participate in? Look beneath what you think is your motive and find the deeper reason.
My overall motive is to live according to my most deepest truth. To live in love, peace and joy. Yet, upon a deeper look, I find something else~another motive. Sometimes I want to "prove my worth, feel better about life or myself, or show someone that I am OK or strong, when I do not feel it". Yes, at times these are my motives. Knowing what my motive is, I can then decide if I want to participate, or carry the belief that doesn't not serve me, or let go of a thought pattern that is not in alignment with love, peace or joy.
When I know my truest of true motive, I am then free to decide if I really want to adhere to that motive and all the after affects.
Finding your true motivation will create a freedom within you that can not be found anywhere else. There is no right or wrong answer to "what is your motive?" Just clarity.
Most of the time we have very similar motives; to be loved, heard, understood, cared for, cherished, safe, appreciated, peaceful, healthy, respected. The list goes on. Although motives may be similar, your motive(s) are personal to you.
Once you are clear about your motive, you can choose otherwise, or just be in the energy of self honesty. That is a great feeling!
The way to have a life that is fulfilling and a true expression of your inner self or spirit, is to know your motives, adjust them when appropriate, and always have compassion and forgiveness for self and others~ for not being clear with our motives.
Make this a week of being clear about your motives. You will learn so much about yourself.
Have a blessed week.
Mary
If you are reading this you have within you a desire to travel the path of spiritual truth, inspiration and love.
Your motive is most likely quite clear. You want to learn and grow and be inspired and motivated to do so.
Motive-(n) A reason for doing something, especially one that is hidden or not obvious.
Motive-(adj) Causing or being the reason for something.
What about the motives you have that are not so clear and obvious? What about the motives you carry that are hidden, tucked away and so far underground that you do not even know they exist. What about these motives?
We all have them. Let's pull them out and take a look. I assure you that the time you spend doing so will greatly enhance your relationship with your self and others. Taking a look at what lies beneath the outer understanding of why you do what you do can open up a great surge in personal growth and compassion for self and others.
What is your motive for living? What is your motive for the work you do, the friends you keep, the activities you participate in? Look beneath what you think is your motive and find the deeper reason.
My overall motive is to live according to my most deepest truth. To live in love, peace and joy. Yet, upon a deeper look, I find something else~another motive. Sometimes I want to "prove my worth, feel better about life or myself, or show someone that I am OK or strong, when I do not feel it". Yes, at times these are my motives. Knowing what my motive is, I can then decide if I want to participate, or carry the belief that doesn't not serve me, or let go of a thought pattern that is not in alignment with love, peace or joy.
When I know my truest of true motive, I am then free to decide if I really want to adhere to that motive and all the after affects.
Finding your true motivation will create a freedom within you that can not be found anywhere else. There is no right or wrong answer to "what is your motive?" Just clarity.
Most of the time we have very similar motives; to be loved, heard, understood, cared for, cherished, safe, appreciated, peaceful, healthy, respected. The list goes on. Although motives may be similar, your motive(s) are personal to you.
Once you are clear about your motive, you can choose otherwise, or just be in the energy of self honesty. That is a great feeling!
The way to have a life that is fulfilling and a true expression of your inner self or spirit, is to know your motives, adjust them when appropriate, and always have compassion and forgiveness for self and others~ for not being clear with our motives.
Make this a week of being clear about your motives. You will learn so much about yourself.
Have a blessed week.
Mary
Comments
Post a Comment