Life as your Guru

Message for the week...
A few days later than Monday Message, yet just as potent and just what you might need for a mid week pick-me-up.
Life is full of messages. Life is full of magic. Life is full of miracles. Yes, as I see it, life is an experience. Period. It is a mysterious and mystical experience. It is what you choose to do with what life brings around that can make you an empowered individual or a cowering coward. Or somewhere in between.

I choose to be on the path of empowered individual. Mostly. And I know you do too. Mostly.
I see my job in part ,to be the inspiration, the fire, the bringer of love and hope to this mysterious experience of life. As Empowerd Individual.
I see it is also my part to show up, be conscious, bring that which is unconscious in me, ie thoughts, beleifs, fears, stubborn attitudes, feelings, out and into the light of day... Into life so that I may have an experience of life as the transformational experience that I beleive it may be.
So, I suppose that life is a mystical, transormational experience. At times it is more a mystery than I would personally like it to be. 
When life is too much in that "mystery" territory, I usually revert to being in control. Control is often times in the unconscious shadow territory for me. Is it for you?  
When I am believing that I am in control of life at any given moment, life will show me exactly what I am and am not "in control of." Not much of the former and a lot of the latter!
Control is a sneaky energy. It is driven by our desire to stay safe, our desire to not feel pain, to know what's next, to avoid at all cost the suffering, or the uncomfortable...the mystery.
The experience of life, as you well know, is full of unsfafe, uncomfortable, pain and suffering. It also brings around joy, love, beauty and peaceful experiences. The mystery of life is full of both.
Don't wait for a guru
Life is your guru
--Krishna Das
Lately, life has been such a guru. Really, my whole time on this planet, life has been a guru. 
Empowered individual in me is showing up, asking questions of life. The scary questions, the open ended questions, the questions that have many answers or no answers. Life is bringing to me more mystery than ever before. What I do know is this...that when I resist the mystery that is unfolding in my life, I suffer. When I embrace it, I am quickly guided to moments of clarity and peace. I also have more fun.
And just as important is that I can, as Empowered Individual do both, in one day. I am both resistant and embracing, both empowered and sometimes cowardly. ohh that stings..
I don't run from much, or turn my back on the hard and difficult. I am usually front row and center for the action and my chance to serve, heal, grow, expand. 
The cowardly part shows up when I find myself seeking control. It's automatic. It's my go-to. Control and manage the happenings in life and all will be well...
Or not, or at the very least I will be exhausted, drained and tired.
Don't wait for a guru. Look around. What is life showing you? Teaching you? where is life taking you at this time?
This week, resist a bit less and open to the mystery a bit more. How does that feel in your body? Know that you are always guided and protected and watched over by seen and unseen forces. You are  part of that force...It's called the universal life force energy.
As mysterious as life can be at times, it sometimes too makes a lot of sense. It is usually a bigger picture type of sense or a deep and soulful type of sense. And if you are open, and invite in consciousness to be your guide you will catch a glimpse of the expansive, soulful, sense within the mystery.

LIfe as a guru asks us to be in this mystery. For me the mystery continues by the latest happenings of lightning striking my home, taking out my computer and television and cable, and the mystery of such a force entering my life. My life has been full of such experiences. Not necessarily lightning, but life force, in its various forms...earthquake, hurricanes, illness, addiction, healing, love...birth, death...life force, doing what it does and the deep and mighty courage it musters in me to be in the mystery of life, living in the most awake, aware place I can.
Sometimes its a mighty painful place, sometimes it's a place of peace, sometimes its a surrender place, an awakening place, a put one foot in front of the other place, a freedom place, an expansive soaring place...
You can't control life, or the life force energy as it does what it does! 
You can however look around you, ask life to be your guru, and ask to see through the eyes of the Empowered Individual and then get your big girl or big boy panties on and dive into, fly into, walk or run , or rest into...the mystery.
Be blessed!

Mary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon in Sagittarius! The Big Ask

Boundaries, Bamboo and Birth

Life is Messy I and II