No Nonsense November
Hello Fellow Travelers,
Happy Friday, First Friday of November and we are into the season of gratitude.
November is officially the Season of Gratitude here at Heart of Gaia. I am kicking it off with an Open House and you are all invited to stop by.
This year I have much to be grateful for. I do each year, each day, each moment, yet this year seems different. Different in that the year behind me was marked with both great celebration and great challenge. Both ends of a spectrum of experiences that took the joy meter and the greif meter off the charts.
I am now somewhere in the middle, settling in and so very grateful to have this middle ground.
Life is like that. Both ends of a spectrum of experiences and everywhere in between. How often though, do we wish it to be different, most especially when it is difficult?
Enter gratitude.
Gratitude is not an easy energy to enter into. It takes courage to find the gratitude in the tough times and dicipline to find it in the easeful times.
Gratitude is not to be mistaken for fake optimism, either. Gratitude is merely an invitation to that which can comfort, give hope and strength in all times. It is an awareness of something that is, in this moment, available to you in a way that may assist you on your quest for inner peace, understanding and shift.
Inner peace is the balm for a life of ups and downs and everywhere in between. The understanding that gratitude spurs is that we are all in some way challenged each day and perhaps we may truly become more loving, kind and compassionate to ourselves and others as a way of offering up our experiences to love. This is the magic of entering the realm of gratitude.
Gratitude shifts, ever so slightly the perspective you may have of events, feelings, emotions or experiences. It creates an opening in your energy to make room for connection. This connection soothes the soul and expands the heart.
I am grateful for this hot cup of coffee while I wait for a loved one to heal. I am grateful to the stranger who chatted with me about nothing in particular while I waited and for offering me that cup of coffee.
I am grateful to be dancing with my son on his wedding day, to a song he loved as a child, the son I said goodbye to so many times as he was taken into an operating room as an infant and child.
I am grateful for the beauty of the mountains that I see each and every day, holding ground, holy ground, stillness and steadiness.
I am grateful for the opportunity to serve you, to teach, to heal, to watch you awaken to your own inner peace, understanding and shift.
I am grateful for the spark of divine love in everything.
I invite you to invite in gratitude, slather it on, bathe in it, let the energy take you inward and assist you on your own journey.
Look back over this past year and bring to mind and heart the moments of gratitude. Look around right now and take this moment to be in gratitude for both the simple things, the immense and everywhere in between.
And as you enter into it's grace, let it heal you, take you to the very real place inside where your joy abides and your grief bubbles up. Let gratitude hold you in your truth, whatever it is, and when this truth is ready to be expressed, let gratitude be your guide.
We live in the spectrum of life, let each moment grace you in gratitude.
Love,
Mary
Comments
Post a Comment