Brandon's Mother's Day Gift

I am now starting to share some of the miraculous stories that have been occurring since my youngest child passed into Spirit 28 months ago. May you be inspired to know that your loved one's are with you and that love never dies. May you know that this love is eternal.

A week ago, I was coming home from a trip to visit my daughter and grandsons. I always pray for safe and easeful travels. Through a series of synchronistic events, a missed flight, ( very uncharacteristic for me), and subsequent last minute seat changes and rerouting, I now had a new flight and new seat and was ready to head home.

As I waited to board in the very busy Washington DC Airport, I noticed a group of young men with military hair styles. They were apparently on leave and ready to have some fun. I overheard them chat and laugh and make fun of the long and very unorganized lines. We think we hear the announcement as time to board, and as I entered the plane, I said a prayer again, and asked my son Brandon (angel date 1/13/17) to watch over me and do his part in making this a calm flight. I was tired and ready to get home. I immediately heard him say (we communicate often) "Mom, just wait until you see who you are sitting next to." I could hear his fun filled and charming laugh in my ear.  
Slow to board with lots of impatient people, I am finally walking down the plane aisle. I look ahead to see one of the young soldiers sitting in what I was sure to be the seat next to mine. I smile, because this young man looks very similar to my son. I sit down and he immediately addresses me.

"Hello ma'am" and starts to talk excitedly and ask me questions. "Have you ever been to California?" He asks enthusiastically. "My buddy and I are going to go there for the first time ever."

"Yes", I answer. "I am from California.

Immediately I felt comfortable, as if I was this young man's mom. He was incredibly polite and respectful.  I asked him his name.

"Brandon." he replied. I laughed out loud and without missing a beat, shared the story with him about my son passing, and our conversation (in spirit), just a few moments before. The young man was astonished. "Humbled" he told me. And then he asked, "can I tell my friend? I can't believe it." 
We went on to converse almost the whole 4 hour flight. He was in the coast guard, same branch as Brandon's dad. He was from a small town in Virginia, same town as my daughter in law. He was in the Honor Guard and presided over funerals. He shared with me the reverence he held for fallen soldiers, and mostly for their families.

I thanked him for holding that reverence and assured him that it was a very important role. To honor a fallen soldier's mother, is one of the most important jobs one could undertake. He thanked me for letting me know this. He did not think he was doing enough. I assured him it was.

He looked like Brandon, had tattoos and pierced ears and that bright white smile. He showed me photos of his girlfriend. She looked very much like Brandon's girlfriend. He asked questions like Brandon. He talked non stop and shared so much with me. I could not believe how loved, supported and honored I felt sitting with him and his friends.

I got to know these young men and got to share the story of how Brandon passed (in a car accident with alcohol involved). They shared with me how they all had their own struggles with alcohol and each was on a journey to make a better life for themselves. It was truly a healing for all of us, as I had the very best four hour flight ever, as if Brandon and his buddies were hanging out with me as usual.

The only thing missing is I didn't make them meatball subs, or chicken parm. I did share my snacks with them.

My son may be in Spirit, accessing other realms and dimensions, yet he is also right here with me. How these things occur is a great mystery. I think I understand it, how all the events can conspire to present me with exactly what I was asking for and needing, for I do know that our spirits do go on after physical death. I think I understand it when these types of happenings occur over and over. I think I understand how after death, our essence goes off and has adventures in other places...heaven or other planes that, in spite of the best attempts to dream, astral travel or meditate, we know little of when our essence is confined in a body. I think I understand the miracle of a spiritual experience, yet each time it happens, I am shifted greatly, healed a bit more, awakened, shaken up, heart expanded and essence refueled. I have come to know the value of these experiences as something unexplainable. Told in story, some of the value is translatable.

What occurred to have these sychronicities happen is nothing compared to what happens to everyone, in body and spirit, who conspired to give comfort to me, during a most challenging time. They were living their lives, as was I and with a prayer and the intentions of a most loving child in Spirit, we were changed.

Life is surely a mysterious adventure. It is to be lived fully. That is what my son Brandon did, and it is the continued legacy of Love that he leaves us all. He is making sure of it in between his soirees in the other realms. 
You never know how you are going to be held in healing love and how you too may be healing others. My pain was lessened that day.

In love and light.
Mary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon in Sagittarius! The Big Ask

Boundaries, Bamboo and Birth

The Moon Called to Me. How I came to be an Astrologer