Thank you Fellow Travelers
Dearest Fellow Travelers,
As this decade closes and the new one begins, I have been called by my ever persistent soul to share my gratitude and appreciation. As I wrote in my previous Energy Medicine Update blog, it is time to create space by reviewing the past decade. This is an incredibly difficult task for me, yet I stand here at the ready, with pen and computer at hand, with my candles and incense and carved out quiet time, to do what I recommend you all do.
I always strive to walk the talk. Or shall I say, I don't ever ask you to do anything that I don't undertake to do myself. Even when, and most especially when I ask you to dig deep and imagine the wounds of many decades past, healed.
Exploring within the quiet of one's own mind and home can be as treacherous and dangerous as exploring in the wilds of nature. Taking a trek upon the trails that for eons have called out to our souls for daring exploration is no more daring than the trek into the wilds of one's own inner nature. That is all I ask of you, and of me.
As I reflect upon the last decade with intention of uprooting and discovering the gems of wisdom, I am finding that I can't do so without first acknowledging deeply upsetting yet necessary truths.
I said goodbye forever to my youngest child almost three years ago. He left this life in a tragic car accident. A detail of his passing, important, only as a way to honor that his instantaneous goodbye left me with grief and trauma to wade through and make sense of. Instant. One day here and one day gone. Yes, this can be the way of life. Yes, this truth haunts me and yet it also gives me solace. He left so quickly.
The last decade was much like this. One way one day, and the next, different. Tragedy, trauma and the deep wide crevice of its wake. Gems of wisdom, in between surrender of what is. Gems of platitudes that have become complacent truths. Life is short. Appreciate it while it is here. Life can be short, or it can be painstakingly long too. Appreciate it? How did I appreciate life when my child was no longer in it?
The gem of gratitude did indeed help me greatly. The gem of expressing my gratitude, and expecting to be met with gratitude in return, by life, also helped me greatly. I as met. By you.
I appreciate you. I appreciate all of you. I know some of you personally, yet there are many who read my messages that I do not know at all. Not personally, but surely energetically. I feel your support, your kindness and your blessings. The human experience is best shared. Shared sorrow is half sorrow. Shared joy is double joy.
I am grateful that I was able to share my journey with you over the last three years. I am grateful that you were here for me. I am grateful that I started to share my journey with you over ten years ago. I am grateful that I had a journey to share. I am grateful to those who have reached out, and let me know they are with me, even if I don't know you personally. I am deeply grateful.
It is not easy at all to share with others the experience of the death of a child. Judgment, shame, blame, criticism and fear loom high and rage. I chose consciously not to care, and to share anyway. I had to. And you were here, listening. Thank you. I chose to be open and clear, yet also hold my heart with great protection while I healed, as I had to, in my own way.
I also chose to seek out the Love that is so prevalent through death. The Love that created my child, and the Love that shown in his eyes, will never die. This is his gift to me. A gem I take with me. A gem that does not take away the pain, yet allows my heart to soften and accept Love.
So I write and share to keep his Spirit alive, and to guide me to others who need comfort and healing. I write and share to ease my pain and make sense of senselessness. I write and share to change the world into a place where death is not a disease, but an accepted and honored transition. I will continue to write and work and share on the behalf of clearing the fear away from death and living life fully. This is what my son did. He lived life fully and on his terms.
I am grateful to be able to share with you the depth of our shared life experiences. To answer questions and to pose more questions, all with the intention of understanding our own unique souls and our sacred paths. I write to remind you that you are pure Love, that I am pure Love and that my son exists in pure Love, and maybe this will be the healing balm that finally lands on our planet that is in need of more and more of this every day.
I am eternally grateful to have my practice. My healing arts practice, that you are all a part of, whether you have shared in a session or learned a healing art, or participated in a gathering or workshop. This healing arts practice was created more than a decade ago, yet in the last decade it has become a life line. For many. It is in place to serve you and the raising of the vibration of this magnificent planet we live on. I am eternally grateful for my personal practices of writing, and meditating and walking, and creating ceremony and ritual, and laughing and gathering with others who love, and lost and want to be together in community. I am grateful for continuing to do my best to live life on the higher road. The road that speaks to me of both fate and destiny. The road that speaks truth and that sometimes as difficult as it is, it is wiser to leave well enough alone.
Not everyone wants to be on the road to Love, and less fear. Not even in death.
Not easy to stay on this sacred path, yet I know of no other way. My feet continue to guide me forward as my heart expands to meet the energy of my son in spirit. My soul grounds me into the generosity and beauty of Gaia, as she heals the deep wounds.
As one traverses the realms of death, and some people still choose blame and shame, judgment and criticism, I am propelled forward. The last decade has opened my eyes wide, and my heart even wider. And all the while, you have been here with me, at my side. Thank you.
The gems that I take with me into the new decade are forgiveness, compassion, empathy, understanding. I take with me, deep and lasting self care, self love, self appreciation, self value and great self respect. It is the depths of grief that have propelled me forward on this path of Love.
Thank you for being a part of my last decade, no matter when we might have met. There is always room for a kindred spirit and kindness. Always room for healing and the knowing that Life has meaning and it is ours for the learning.
Have a blessed New Year. What are the gems that you have found over the last decade?
In gratitude to you.
Love,
Mary
As this decade closes and the new one begins, I have been called by my ever persistent soul to share my gratitude and appreciation. As I wrote in my previous Energy Medicine Update blog, it is time to create space by reviewing the past decade. This is an incredibly difficult task for me, yet I stand here at the ready, with pen and computer at hand, with my candles and incense and carved out quiet time, to do what I recommend you all do.
I always strive to walk the talk. Or shall I say, I don't ever ask you to do anything that I don't undertake to do myself. Even when, and most especially when I ask you to dig deep and imagine the wounds of many decades past, healed.
Exploring within the quiet of one's own mind and home can be as treacherous and dangerous as exploring in the wilds of nature. Taking a trek upon the trails that for eons have called out to our souls for daring exploration is no more daring than the trek into the wilds of one's own inner nature. That is all I ask of you, and of me.
As I reflect upon the last decade with intention of uprooting and discovering the gems of wisdom, I am finding that I can't do so without first acknowledging deeply upsetting yet necessary truths.
I said goodbye forever to my youngest child almost three years ago. He left this life in a tragic car accident. A detail of his passing, important, only as a way to honor that his instantaneous goodbye left me with grief and trauma to wade through and make sense of. Instant. One day here and one day gone. Yes, this can be the way of life. Yes, this truth haunts me and yet it also gives me solace. He left so quickly.
The last decade was much like this. One way one day, and the next, different. Tragedy, trauma and the deep wide crevice of its wake. Gems of wisdom, in between surrender of what is. Gems of platitudes that have become complacent truths. Life is short. Appreciate it while it is here. Life can be short, or it can be painstakingly long too. Appreciate it? How did I appreciate life when my child was no longer in it?
The gem of gratitude did indeed help me greatly. The gem of expressing my gratitude, and expecting to be met with gratitude in return, by life, also helped me greatly. I as met. By you.
I appreciate you. I appreciate all of you. I know some of you personally, yet there are many who read my messages that I do not know at all. Not personally, but surely energetically. I feel your support, your kindness and your blessings. The human experience is best shared. Shared sorrow is half sorrow. Shared joy is double joy.
I am grateful that I was able to share my journey with you over the last three years. I am grateful that you were here for me. I am grateful that I started to share my journey with you over ten years ago. I am grateful that I had a journey to share. I am grateful to those who have reached out, and let me know they are with me, even if I don't know you personally. I am deeply grateful.
It is not easy at all to share with others the experience of the death of a child. Judgment, shame, blame, criticism and fear loom high and rage. I chose consciously not to care, and to share anyway. I had to. And you were here, listening. Thank you. I chose to be open and clear, yet also hold my heart with great protection while I healed, as I had to, in my own way.
I also chose to seek out the Love that is so prevalent through death. The Love that created my child, and the Love that shown in his eyes, will never die. This is his gift to me. A gem I take with me. A gem that does not take away the pain, yet allows my heart to soften and accept Love.
So I write and share to keep his Spirit alive, and to guide me to others who need comfort and healing. I write and share to ease my pain and make sense of senselessness. I write and share to change the world into a place where death is not a disease, but an accepted and honored transition. I will continue to write and work and share on the behalf of clearing the fear away from death and living life fully. This is what my son did. He lived life fully and on his terms.
I am grateful to be able to share with you the depth of our shared life experiences. To answer questions and to pose more questions, all with the intention of understanding our own unique souls and our sacred paths. I write to remind you that you are pure Love, that I am pure Love and that my son exists in pure Love, and maybe this will be the healing balm that finally lands on our planet that is in need of more and more of this every day.
I am eternally grateful to have my practice. My healing arts practice, that you are all a part of, whether you have shared in a session or learned a healing art, or participated in a gathering or workshop. This healing arts practice was created more than a decade ago, yet in the last decade it has become a life line. For many. It is in place to serve you and the raising of the vibration of this magnificent planet we live on. I am eternally grateful for my personal practices of writing, and meditating and walking, and creating ceremony and ritual, and laughing and gathering with others who love, and lost and want to be together in community. I am grateful for continuing to do my best to live life on the higher road. The road that speaks to me of both fate and destiny. The road that speaks truth and that sometimes as difficult as it is, it is wiser to leave well enough alone.
Not everyone wants to be on the road to Love, and less fear. Not even in death.
Not easy to stay on this sacred path, yet I know of no other way. My feet continue to guide me forward as my heart expands to meet the energy of my son in spirit. My soul grounds me into the generosity and beauty of Gaia, as she heals the deep wounds.
As one traverses the realms of death, and some people still choose blame and shame, judgment and criticism, I am propelled forward. The last decade has opened my eyes wide, and my heart even wider. And all the while, you have been here with me, at my side. Thank you.
The gems that I take with me into the new decade are forgiveness, compassion, empathy, understanding. I take with me, deep and lasting self care, self love, self appreciation, self value and great self respect. It is the depths of grief that have propelled me forward on this path of Love.
Thank you for being a part of my last decade, no matter when we might have met. There is always room for a kindred spirit and kindness. Always room for healing and the knowing that Life has meaning and it is ours for the learning.
Have a blessed New Year. What are the gems that you have found over the last decade?
In gratitude to you.
Love,
Mary
Comments
Post a Comment