The Moon Called to Me. How I came to be an Astrologer

 




It was the Moon. Her light. Her radiant light, shining across time and space. That is how Astrology found me. I sang the song to my little girl. I thought of all those far and near who I hold dear. Life may take me away, ahead, moving on, yet the moon always was there. Reminding me of our eternal connections. 


"I see the Moon and the Moon sees me. 

The Moon sees somebody I'd like to see.

 God bless the moon and God bless me, 

and God bless the somebody I'd like to see." 


Astrology is a healing art. Astrology is a map of our soul. Astrology is our connection with our Ancestors. Astrology is energy alive and vibrating as planetary bodies, movement, cycles and rhythms held in place by the mysterious and curious. What source of energy held this all together and directed its vast beauty? 

Why did the Moon call to me? How did I know to sit beneath its glow and pray, chant, call out my deepest desires, hopes, wishes, dreams? 

As I started to pay attention to this, Life brought me answers. I channeled my books- stories of lives past in which I remembered dancing under the light of the full moon. Stories, myths, legends once thought to be the musings of my personal imagination, brought out into story were found to be true and real ways people of old lived. 

The moon's cycles reflect my cycles. My body cycles attuned to the moon. Full Moon, waxing, waning, New Moon. Women in my circle attend to each other's cycles. There was something potent, necessary and helpful for me to learn here. 

Astrology. The cycles, the archetypes of the planets and the signs of the zodiac. I could feel the vibration of knowledge and wisdom emanating from what I once thought to be silly fortunes told to satisfy curious teenage longing. 

Astrology is so much more than that.

Twenty years ago the Moon told me her stories, I wrote them into books, my cycles synced up as I listened, learned, healed, shared wisdom, opened to my Light, worked, and played in the cycles and rhythms of my life. I started studying Astrology. I learned my Sun Sign, Moon Sign and Rising Sign. It all made so much sense. 

Self-knowledge is Power. Know Thyself. Ancient and modern. 

I gathered the women. We held moon groups, I learned, they learned. I studied with a few astrologers who focused on Esoteric, Intuitive and Soul Contract Astrology. The cosmos became a Source of helpful information and support for me as I continued my studies and shared what I was learning with others. 

Astrology is an Art that you never really master. There is so much to learn so many layers and as always in life, cycles upon cycles. As I began giving astrology readings I started to open to how vast and deep we as humans really are. I have come to learn how to chart our soul journey's through astrology. Especially our co-creative journey with our children or loved ones in spirit. Amazing. Why we are here. What we came to learn, to share as our soul purpose, heart awakening and meaning of our existence, all comes through our Astrological Birth Chart. 

My Astrology Practice fills me up as it is more than just information and guidance. It is a way to open to our true selves, to understand and remember that we are each a unique expression of the Greater Whole. It is guidance. It is a map. It is your Soul blueprint. And it is a connection with our eternal essence. Those who have danced and sang under the moon eons past still dance and sing with us as we imagine the expansiveness of our Soul. 

Won't you come sit with me for awhile, share in the wisdom of the cosmos and receive messages from your Divine Cosmic Heritage? An Astrology reading connects you with that. 

This is the story of my calling to Astrology, another Soul offering from me to you.

Love,

Mary

Into the Forest- A Maiden's Journey (my Novel) 

Heart of Gaia Astrology - Jupiter in Taurus Transit, Moon Reports, Soul Destiny Chart Readings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full Moon in Sagittarius! The Big Ask

Boundaries, Bamboo and Birth